Lovely madeleines with a subtle flavor of lavender, lemon, and honey. Wrapped in a small plastic pouch, they make a perfect edible gift for your loved ones.
- 1 teaspoon melted butter for the madeleines tray
- 2 large eggs
- 3 oz (80g) caster sugar
- 3½oz (100g) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) honey
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 ½ oz (100g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dry lavender flowers
- 3 teaspoons lavender exract
- For the madeleines: preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush the madeleine tray with melted butter or cooking spray, and shake in a little flour to coat, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar in a bowl until frothy. Add the melted butter, honey, lemon juice and zest, lavender extract, and flour with baking powder. Incorporate the dry lavender flowers, and stir well.
- Let sit for 20 minutes before carefully pouring into the prepared madeleine tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture has risen a little in the middle and is fully cooked through. Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack and leave for a few minutes to cool slightly.