These key lime pie popsicles make the best refreshing summer treat. Quick and super easy to make with 3 main ingredients, they are lightly sweetened and also available in a gluten-free version.
- 1 ½ cup (12 ounces / 340g) plain yogurt*
- ½ cup (150g) condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons lime zest**
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) key lime juice***
- ⅓ cup (40g) graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Mix condensed milk, yogurt, key lime juice and lime zest together in a measuring or mixing bowl with a whisk (you can also use a blender).
- Pulse the graham crackers a few times in a food processor (or smash them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin or other heavy tool). Add the melted butter and combine. Set aside.
- Carefully pour the creamy mixture into popsicle molds, up to ¾ full (you can use a fennel to make it easier).
- Spoon in graham cracker crust mixture to finish filling each mold. Press crumbs down slightly and insert the popsicle sticks (or the top of mold, depending on the popsicle mold you are using).
- Freeze on a level surface for at least 4 hours. To unmold, turn the popsicle molds sideways and run them under warm water for 5 -15 seconds. Enjoy!
* I recommend full fat Greek yogurt for best results with a creamy texture, but full fat plain yogurt will work too.
** Useful tip: always lime the zest of limes before juicing them; it’s almost impossible to zest them once they’re juiced already.
*** I used key limes for this recipe, but if they are hard to find, you can replace them with regular limes.
Keywords: Key Lime Pie Popsicles