A sweet and very refreshing summer cheesecake that will make you dream of Provence in the south of France!
- 12 oz (375g) Digestive biscuits
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter
- 9,5 oz (270g) lavender honey
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons fresh or dry lavender flowers
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons water
- 10 drops natural lavender extract (optional)
- 13 oz (375g) cream cheese
- 1,9 cup (40,5 cl) cream
- Crush the biscuits finely. Melt the butter and mix with the biscuit crumbs. Spread the micture into the bottom of a springform equiped with removable edges, about 26 cm in diameter.
- Boil the water with 1 tablespoon honey. Add the lavender flowers and let steep for about 15 minutes. Strain the lavender flowers and save the liquid. Add in the lavender extract’s drops.
- Mix the rest of the honey with cream cheese and stir in lavender liquid. Whip the cream and stir it gently into the cream cheese mixture. Spread the mixture evenly over the biscuit crumbs into the springform. Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. You can also freeze it if desired.