Homemade lemon curd recipe is incredibly easy to prepare. With only 5 ingredients, you get a perfectly sweet and tangy flavor with such a creamy texture. The perfect spread with scones, cakes and pancakes.
- 2 medium lemons*, juice and zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80g) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature and diced
- 3/4 cups (150g) white sugar
- Wash the lemons, grate the zests and press the juice. When zesting, make sure you do not remove the white flesh, which gives bitterness.
- Beat the eggs in a medium glass mixing bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice, zests, butter and sugar.
- Heat the bowl in a water bat (bain-marie) in a larger saucepan filled with some water until the the half. Whisk the mixture regularly for 20 minutes until it thickens.
- Once the texture thickened, pour into a glass jar and cool completely. Then place the jar in the fridge and close it well, so that you can keep the lemon curd a few weeks before using it.
* Because you will need to use the zest as well, make sure you choose organic, untreated lemons.
Keywords: homemade lemon curd