This healthy vegan lemon zucchini bread is light, fluffy and perfectly tender, with a subtle lemon glaze. Halfway between the zucchini bread and the lemon loaf, it’s the best of both made healthy!
For the lemon zucchini bread:
- 1 ⅔ cup (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zests
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegetable oil, neutral in taste (canola, sunflower…)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut cream*
- ¼ cup (60 ml) applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup (150g) shredded zucchini
For the sugar-less glaze:
- 1 Tablespoon cornstach
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, lemon zest and juice, vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, coconut cream and applesauce, until texture is smooth.
- Whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ones, and stir until combined.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the zucchini until evenly spread throughout. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, scraping down the sides.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 – 50 minutes. Let cool in baking pan for a few minutes then invert into a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl, and drizzle over the cooled lemon zucchini bread. Let set.
* Use the solid part of a can of coconut oil only.
Keywords: vegan lemon zucchini bread