Much healthier than their classic version, these chocolate chip blondies are vegan, nutty, naturally sweetened with dates and your go-to recipe when you need a treat in a hurry.
- 14 pitted dates
- 1 cup (240 ml) warm water
- 1/4 cup (25g) tahini
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (65g) white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablepsoons water
- 1/2 cup (65g) walnuts
- 1 cup (175g) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F (190 C).
- In a food processor, place pitted dates with the cup of water and mix until smooth.
- Pour the date mixture into a bowl. Add the tahini, vanilla extract, and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir well.
- Add the coconut oil, stir, then add two tablespoons of hot water and stir until combined.
- Let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes, then fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips (you don’t want to add the chocolate chips too early or they will melt right away).
- Pour the batter onto a 9×9 inch (23 cm) square pan and bake for about 25 minutes, until set. Let cool, and enjoy!