Healthy Nut Butter Flaxseed Oatmeal Bowl is a satisfying 5-minute healthy breakfast. Wholesome and nourishing, it’s packed with nutritious ingredients and perfectly delicious!
For the oatmeal (serves 2 bowls):
- 1 cup (90g) old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk or vegetable milk
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 to 2 teaspoons agave or maple syrup
For serving* (serves 2 bowls):
- 1 pear, cored and sliced and divided
- 2 Tablespoons cashew butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, divided
- 4 small pitted dates, divided
- 2 teaspoons flaxseed, freshly ground and divided
- In a small saucepan, bring milk and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, then pour in the oats, salt and cinnamon.
- Simmer uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Divide equally between two bowls. Spoon cashew butter and ½ sliced pear over each serving, then sprinkle sesame on top and add a few dates if desired. Grind flaxseed at the last minute over each bowl, and enjoy!
* For other serving options, check out my “Other topping ideas and alternative” in the blog post just above the recipe card.
Keywords: Healthy oatmeal bowl