Whenever you have a chocolate craving, these healthy chocolate avocado cookies are the answer. Sugar and dairy free, they are also available in a vegan version!
- 1 ripe avocado, finely mashed
- ½ cup (100g) coconut sugar
- 1 egg (for Vegan version, see my notes below*)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (50g) dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 oz (60 g) 70% dark chocolate chunks
- 1/3 cup (40g) flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F (150°C).
- Combine the finely mashed avocado, coconut palm sugar, egg (or for vegan version with flaxseed prepared as below in notes*), and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, and baking soda.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently stir in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, add one heaping tablespoon of dough on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten the top a little bit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top has set (don’t over-bake!). Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes on the baking tray. Then transfer to a cooling rack.
* For the vegan version, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and mix with 3 tablespoons of water. Mix well and set aside for about 10 minutes to thicken before using it.
Keywords: healthy chocolate cookies