You will fall in love with this healthy chocolate zucchini bread recipe. Super easy to make, it is naturally sweetened with applesauce and it has a rich and irresistible moist texture. The answer to all your chocolate cravings without the guilt!
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (130g) dark chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60g) plain Greek yogurt, full-fat
- ¼ cup (50g) unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (225g) shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Shred the zucchini using a large hole cheese grater. Lightly squeeze the zucchini with paper towels to drain the excess of water.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ones, and stir until combined.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the zucchini until evenly spread throughout. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, scraping down the sides.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until an toothpick inserted in its center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan. When it is cool enough to handle the pan, tip zucchini bread out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
Keywords: healthy chocolate zucchini bread