Indulge to these healthy banana oatmeal muffins prepared with egg whites and naturally sweetened. They are perfect for breakfast!
- 2 cups (180g) quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium ripe bananas)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk or almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add mashed banana, egg whites, vanilla extract, milk and honey to the oat mixture, and stir well to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups almost completely full with oatmeal texture. The muffins will not rise.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and until the center of each oatmeal muffin is set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving to prevent from falling apart. You can store them in a covered container in the fridge until one week.