Easy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with chopped hazelnuts are perfect bakery-style cookies. They are easy to make, perfectly soft and chewy in texture, with a slightly crunchy bite.
- 2 sticks (8 ounces/230g) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (135g) light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (180g) old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup (75g) chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a KitchenAid on medium speed, until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and pour the vanilla extract. Beat until combined, scraping the sides as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine old-fashioned oats, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in the flour until just combined (do not overmix).
- Then, using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts.
- Cover and chill the dough for about 15-20 minutes.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheets, leaving enough space between each of them.
- Flatten the dough with your hands and bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies stand on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. These cookies keep beautifully for up to one week stored in an airtight container.
* You can use either dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips. You could also chop some chocolate to create chocolate chunks in your cookies.
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip cookies