Discover French children’s favorite dessert! The school-famous “gâteau au yaourt” (yogurt cake) is a super simple no-measure cake to prepare for any occasion.
- 1 container plain yogurt
- 2 containers sugar
- 3 containers all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 container vegetable oil, neutral in taste
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) spring form.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the plain yogurt.
- Add the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and oil. Whisk until combined.
- Wash the yogurt container and dry it.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, and mix well.*
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving. The cake will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
* You can also pour all the ingredients at once as listed above, and mix in the end. Proceed this order: 1 container yogurt, wash and dry, x2 containers sugar, x3 containers flour, 1 Tablespoon baking powder, x1 containers oil, 3 eggs, vanilla. It will take a little bit more of effort to mix but it’s a great way to learn the recipe by heart in the beginnings.
Keywords: gâteau au yaourt