Fluffy French chocolate cake, moist in texture and topped with a thin crispy crust. My go-to chocolate cake for any occasion.
- 4.4 ounces (125g) baking chocolate of good quality
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup (125g) salted or unsalted butter, diced
- 2/3 cup (125g) sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, white and yolks apart
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) spring form.*
- In a medium-size saucepan place on low heat, melt the chocolate with the milk. Add the butter and allow to melt, stirring as needed.
- Turn off the heat, then add the sugar and the yolks, one at a time, stirring between each addition. Sift in the flour and stir well.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Carefully incorporate to the chocolate mixture in two or three additions.
- Pour into the prepared spring form and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
* If using a bigger form, double the recipe proportions or multiply by at least 1.5%.