Today I’m sharing a French classic recipe: the almond tuiles! These delicate and crispy sweet thin cookies are made with only 5 ingredients and it’s a very good way to use egg whites when you have some left!
- 2 egg whites
- 3 Tablespoons caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 30g slivered almonds
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg whites, sugar, salt, flour, half of the slivered almonds and melted butter.
- On a large baking tray covered with a parchment paper, scoop 1 teaspoon of dough and leave enough space between each cookie. Cover with the other half of slivered almonds.
- Bake them half way for 8-10 minutes. When the tuiles are slightly golden and still white in the center, remove them from the oven and lift them up with the help of a large knife and place them on a rolling pin to give them their curved shape. Transfer the tuiles onto a wire rack to cool completely.