Simple summer salad with fresh figs and a subtle syrup made of vanilla and black pepper. Add a few slivered almonds, fresh mint, and it’s ready!
- 12 medium size fresh figs, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup (100g) cane sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) water
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds
- 1 Tablespoon black kampot pepper, freshly ground (important)
- 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a small saucepan placed on very low heat, place sugar, water, vanilla (pod and grated seeds), one tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper, and infuse for about 5-10 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Remove the vanilla pod and drain the syrup with a strainer in a bowl.
- Place in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes, then serve with fresh figs cut into quarters. Sprinkle slivered almonds, add a few fresh mint leaves, and it’s ready!