Easy Pumpkin crème brûlée makes a quick dessert and has everything to fix your sweet tooth. This smooth and creamy pumpkin custard is enhanced with warming spices and topped with a caramelized sugar topping. A lovely twist to the classic crème brûlée.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar + extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup (115g) pumpkin puree
- 1 vanilla pod, cut lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup (360 ml) heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until combined. Add pumpkin purée, vanilla seeds (keep the pod for later), cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- Heat heavy cream with the vanilla pod in a saucepan over medium heat. Turn off the burner as soon as it comes to a simmer. Remove the vanilla pod.
- Slowly pour the heavy cream into the egg mixture while whisking constantly so that the hot cream doesn’t cook the eggs.
- Strain the hot custard through a fine mesh sieve to catch any clumps that may have accumulated.
- Place 4 (5-ounces) ramekins into a deep baking dish and pour the custard into. Fill the baking dish with enough boiling water so it reaches half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Carefully transfer the baking dish to the oven on the middle rack and bake for 25-30 mins or until just set and slightly jiggling in the center.
- Remove the ramekins from the water bath, let cool down to room temperature and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle sugar on top of each crème brûlée and distribute evenly, then use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar, making sure to constantly move the torch to get en even crystallization. Enjoy immediately!
Keywords: pumpkin creme brulee