This easy fluffy banana pancakes recipe yields generous light and airy pancakes, loaded with banana bread flavor. With just a handful of pantry staples and ripe bananas, you can make your dream breakfast come true as often as you want!
- 1 and 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons (25g) sugar (optional)
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, sugar*, baking powder, cinnamon if using, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork (it’s ok if small chunks remain). Add the eggs and pour in the milk and canola oil, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined (do not overmix). Let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. For each pancake, spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet. Cook until bubbles form over the surface of the pancakes, then flip with a thin spatula, and cook 1 or 2 additional minutes.
- Serve warm, with maple syrup drizzled on top and extra toppings** of your choice.
* If you use very ripe bananas, you can just skip sugar in the recipe if you want. Ripe bananas are naturally sweetened and should do the job.
** Here I used caramelized banana slices: just melt some butter in a skillet, add 2 sliced bananas and 2 Tablespoons brown sugar. Cook until golden and syrupy, about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
Keywords: Easy banana pancakes