Introducing my easy fluffy American pancakes recipe. With only 6 ingredients and 2 minutes preparation, you get a perfect fluffy texture. These pancakes make hands down the best easy breakfast or brunch recipe.
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Assorting toppings such as maple syrup, fresh berries, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F (90°C), with a heatproof platter ready to keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or vegetable oil), and egg.
- Pour the dry ingredients to the milk mixture, and stir (do not overmix).
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat generously with vegetable oil.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet. Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles, about 1 minute. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until brown on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to the heatproof platter, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven until serving. Serve warm, with desired topping such as maple syrup, fresh berries or banana slices.