Healthy vegetarian quesadillas made out of wholesome and nourishing ingredients, such as avocados, chickpeas and feta cheese.
For the hummus:
- 1 can (15 oz/425g) chickpeas
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 lemon, juice
- Olive oil
For the tortilla:
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 1 small jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 8 small tortilla
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Crumbled feta, hot sauce & fresh cilantro finely chopped
- For the hummus: put chickpeas, tahini, garlic, cumin and lemon juice into a food processor and mix well. Slowly add some olive oil until you get a creamy consistency (thick and slightly creamy).
- Spread some crumbled feta cheese on each tortilla. Top with jalapeno slices, avocado, and finish with hummus. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold each tortilla in half and press together slightly. Heat oil in a pan and fry the tortilla (that become quesadillas) on both sides until crispy. Serve with additional feta cheese, hot sauce, and fresh cilantro.