Rich, dense and elegant truffle-like Chocolate Chestnut Fondant made with 70% dark chocolate. A decadent melt-in-your-mouth dessert.
- 1 can (17.5 ounces / 500g) chestnut spread
- 3.5 ounces (100g) bittersweet dark chocolate, at 70% cocoa
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon (3.5 ounces / 100g) salted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a loaf pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave, 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between each time.
- Pour in the chestnut spread and add the eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously between each increment to prevent raw eggs from cooking when in contact with warm melted chocolate. Add one tablespoon of flour, and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy with vanilla custard (crème anglaise).