Take your French madeleines to the next level and make them festive by covering them with a lovely chocolate glaze and pistachios.
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick (100g) butter
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 oz (100g) dark chocolate
- 1/4 (20g) chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (240°C). Grease a madeleine pan with melted butter.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, beat eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Melt honey and butter in a small saucepan.
- Pour half of the honey-butter mixture to the egg-sugar one, then add the dry ingredients. Finish with the remaining honey-butter mixture.
- Add the freshly squeezed orange juice and stir until well combined.
- Fill the madeleine pan cavities with the batter, and bake for 7-8 minutes at 450°F until the small bump forms, then reduce the temperature to 350 F (180°C) and bake for 4-5 additional minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate in a deep ramekin and melt it in the microwave. Then dip the madeleines into the chocolate so that they are covered half way, and sprinkle chopped pistachios* over the chocolate. Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, then keep at room temperature before serving.**
You can keep the madeleines in a air-tight container at room temperature for a couple of days.