Chocolate-dipped cookie sticks are a fun twist to your classic cookies and just perfect for dunking into a cold glass of milk. Made in a pan for easy baking, they are chewy, slightly crispy, with an irresistible chocolate coating!
- 1/2 cup (120g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (90g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (175g) mini chocolate chips + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup (90g) chocolate or chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 9 x 13-inch (23×33 cm) pan with parchment paper, leaving a 4-inch (10 cm) overhang on long sides. Grease the bottom and sides, and set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in a few additions, mixing well after each addition. Pour the mini chocolate chips and stir well.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared baking pan and use your hands to press and spread the dough out evenly to cover the entire pan. Sprinkle additional mini chocolate chips over the dough and gently press into the dough using your hands.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and gently lift the cookie out of the pan by lifting the parchment paper.
- Transfer to a flat surface, and using a pizza cutter, cut many strips along the shorter side and then run the cutter once up the middle of long side to create between 24 to 36 cookie sticks (depending on how thin you want them to be).
- Melt the chocolate in a medium bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring vigorously with a spoon after each increment, until completely melted and smooth. Dip the chocolate chip cookie sticks in the melted chocolate until 1/4 to 1/3 of the stick, and place onto a baking sheet. Allow chocolate to set in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes before serving. Dip into a cold glass of milk and enjoy!
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 67mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg
Keywords: cookie sticks