Thin, delicate and crispy, these chocolate-dipped almond florentines are the perfect tiny cookies for any special occasion.
- 2/3 cup (130g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (70g) honey
- 1/4 cup (70g) heavy cream
- 2.5 ounces (70g) candied orange or mandarin
- 5.3 ounces (150g) slivered almonds
- 4.2 (120g) milk chocolate
- Heat honey, cream and sugar in a small saucepan until the temperature reaches 245°F (118°C). If you don’t have a cooking thermometer, simmer for about 5 minutes but do not let the mixture turn brown.
- Remove from the heat and add the candied orange/mandarin and the slivered almonds. Stir gently until coated.
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
- Spoon one teaspoon of the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or ideally in a silicone muffin cup so that the cookie keeps its shape.
- Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Let cool, then invert the cookies.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave and stir every 20 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Dip the bottom of each florentine in the melted chocolate, or use a spoon for coating if easier. Invert and allow the chocolate to set. Let cool and enjoy!