Looking for a wholesome snack or a healthy no-bake dessert idea? These decadent chocolate covered nut date bars have everything to fix your sweet tooth. They are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free, with an irresistible crunchy-chewy texture!
- 1 3/4 cups (260g) nuts of your choice, chopped (I used walnuts and almonds)*
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup (65g) natural almond, cashew or peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces (55g) dark chocolate
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Grease a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan with oil and line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on long sides. Set aside.
- In a strong food processor, pulse nuts, dates, nut butter, vanilla, and salt until finely chopped and mixture holds together. If mixture is too dry, add some water, one teaspoon at a time, and pulse again. Pat into the pan and smooth out the top. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate with coconut oil. Drizzle over the nut mixture, sprinkle extra nuts on top, flaky sea salt, and refrigerate until chocolate just begins to set, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature 10 minutes, then remove from pan using parchment before slicing.
* You can use any nuts of your choice, either a mix of nuts (cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds…) or just a single type of nuts.
Keywords: chocolate nut bars