With a texture just in between a classic shortbread and a regular cookie, this recipe loaded with chocolate chips has a delicious crispy and buttery taste.
- 1 cup (240g) butter, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup (100g) light-brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (175g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown and granulated sugars. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the flour and salt, and mix well. Add the mini chocolate chips, and mix together until evenly distributed. The dough should be a little crumbly at this point.
- Roll the dough into balls and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place approximately 8 balls on each parchment paper, flatten the balls a little bit and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cookies just start to brown.
- Remove from the oven, carefully transfer the shortbread cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely.