This chocolate chip cookie mix in a mason jar makes the cutest DIY gift for your dear friends and family. Print the label and place on each jar to show the recipient the recipe instructions.
- 1½ cup (180g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (25g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (90g) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- 1 quart size mason jar
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour flour mixture into the bottom of a 1-quart jar. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon to form a flat layer.
- Add a layer of oats, of brown sugar, then of granulated sugar, using the same method to pack it down in the jar.
- Lastly, add chocolate chips.
- Seal jar tightly with lid and affix printed label*.
NB: This recipe provides the ingredients necessary to fill one, 1-quart Mason jar.
* Label instructions: add 1/2 cup (120g) soften butter, 1 large egg, and 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract to the cookie mix. Stir well. Shape 2-inch balls, place on a prepared baking sheet and bake at 350 F (180 C) for about 8 minutes.