Best ever Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Soft and chewy in texture (not cakey), loaded with chocolate chips and packed with cozy spices. A must try this fall!
- 1/2 cup (120g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (90g) light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup (50g) white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (75g) canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (115g) chocolate chips
- Place melted butter with both sugars in a medium size bowl and whisk until combined. Add in the egg yolk and whisk in immediately to prevent the egg from cooking. Add in the vanilla and the canned pumpkin puree. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients and spices (the mixture should slightly pull away from the sides). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180° C). Roll two small balls of dough and press one ball on top of the other and mesh together into one piece, flattening just a little. This is how the cookies have that crisp exterior and a chewy inside. Repeat for all the remaining dough, and chill in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place 6 to 8 cookie balls onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until very lightly browned at the bottom. They will look slightly under-baked but this is fine, this is how they will keep soft and chewy in the inside.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely, Enjoy!
Keywords: pumpkin cookies