Simple cauliflower savory crumble with parsnips makes a cozy family-friendly dinner recipe, full of hearty flavors. You won’t resist its crunchy hazelnut crumble topping with whole-wheat flour and grated parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium size parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy liquid cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup (90g) whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup (30g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (50g) parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 Tablespoons (40g) unsalted butter, diced
- 1/3 cup (50g) hazelnuts, chopped roughly
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9×13-inch (23×33 cm) baking dish with olive oil.
- In a large pot, place all vegetables and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then lower to medium heat and pre-cook vegetables for 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Combine liquid cream, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl, and pour mixture over the vegetables in the baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, oats, grated cheese, and hazelnuts. Add diced butter and rub in with your finger tips until you get a crumbly texture.
- Spread the crumbly mixture over vegetables and bake for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and the topping is slightly golden brown. Serve warm or lukewarm, with a side of greens.
Keywords: Cauliflower crumble