These Cardamom Raspberry Streusel Muffins are fluffy, tender and packed with delicious sweet and juicy flavors. With one simple muffin batter and a crunchy streusel topping, they are the perfect bakery-style muffins out there!
For the raspberry muffins:
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cardamom, freshly ground
- ½ cup (120g) yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil, neutral in taste (such as canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) fresh raspberries
For the streusel topping:
- ½ cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (70g) sugar
- ½ stick (55g) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (250°C) and line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg and granulated sugar until combined. Add freshly ground cardamom and mix well. Pour in yogurt, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of batter into each cavity of the prepared muffin tin and cover with the fresh raspberries. Set aside.
- To make the crumb topping, whisk together flour and sugar in a bowl. Add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Divide the mixture on top of each raspberry muffin.
- Place muffins in the oven and reduce immediately the oven temperature 375°F (190°C). Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and on a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Cardamom Raspberry Streusel Muffins