Caprese Croissant Breakfast Sandwich will take your weekend breakfast or brunch to the next level! These generous croissants are filled with all things Mediterranean and make a wonderful yet simple savory treat for breakfast.
- 4–6 croissants, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 4 Tablespoons basil pesto
- 8 mozzarella pearls or 2 large mozzarella balls, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces (140g) sun-dried tomatoes, sliced into stripes
- 5 ounces (140g) artichoke hearts
- A handful of arugula salad, and more for serving
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Black or white sesame, for sprinkling (optional)
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Arrange bottom half of croissants in a single layer on a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the pesto sauce over each half, then stuff with sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and arugula leaves into the croissant. Top with second half of the croissant buns.
- Brush each croissants with melted butter, sprinkle with black sesame, and bake for about 5 minutes or until croissants are crispy and cheese melted. If at anytime, the top is browning, cover with aluminium foil during baking. Serve immediately with a few fresh basil leaves if desired.
Keywords: Croissant Breakfast Sandwich