Homemade pizza is always a good idea! Discover today my new favorite: a vegetarian pizza garnished with broccoli florets, red onions, and feta cheese.
For the pizza dough:
- 2 1/2 cups (320g) all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup (250 ml) lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the topping:
- 4 Tablespoons pesto
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 medium broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium red onions, sliced
- 5 oz (150g) feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- Arugula salad
- For the pizza dough: in a large mixing bowl, mix the flour with the pinch of salt.
- In a measuring cup, combine the lukewarm water with the active dry yeast and the olive oil. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, stirring until combined. Knead the dough for about 3 minutes by hand.
- Form a ball with the dough and transfer to a large clean bowl, covered with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, at least one hour.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment, then shape and stretch until you have a thin 12-inch circle. Cover with a clean towel until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (220°C).
- For the topping: bring some water to a simmer in a saucepan. Add the broccoli florets and cover. Steam for about 3-4 minutes, and strain.
- Brush the edges of the pizza dough with olive oil. Spread the pesto and parmesan, garnish with the sliced red onions, and sprinkle the broccoli florets and feta cheese on top. Add the pine nuts all over the pizza.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Display the fresh arugula on top before serving.