These are the Best Ever Double Chocolate Chip Cookies you could dream of. Super soft and chewy in the center with irresistible crispy edges, these cookies are deliciously sweet, chocolaty and completely decadent.
- 1 ¾ cups (210g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (180g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ¾ cup (135g) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together the melted butter with brown and granulated sugar until no sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, the yolk, and the vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix together with a spatula (do not overmix). Fold in the chocolate chips carefully.
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 1h30 minimum or ideally overnight. When ready to use, allow the cookie dough to soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before using.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out the dough with an ice cream scoop and place onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space in between each of them.
- Bake each batch for about 10-12 minutes*. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes so they firm up a little, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Pour yourself a glass of milk and enjoy!
* Pro baking tips: If the cookies aren’t spreading by minute 9, remove them from the oven and lightly bang the baking sheet on the counter 2-3 times. This helps initiate that spread. Return to the oven for a couple more minutes. Also, it’s important to remove the cookies from the oven when they look slightly under-baked (i.e. slightly crispy on the edge but still soft and gooey in the center).
Keywords: Chocolate cookies