Gorgeous avocado raspberry quinoa salad loaded with feta cheese, slivered almonds, and tossed in a creamy avocado basil dressing. This simple quinoa salad is perfect for summer picnics!
For the salad:
- 1 cup (180g) uncooked quinoa
- 1 firm but still ripe avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 cup (125g) raspberries
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (150g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (75g) slivered almonds
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Basil avocado dressing:
- 2 handful packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 avocado
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the quinoa:
- In a medium pot placed over high heat, add quinoa and double the volume of water; bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork. Cover and allow quinoa to sit in the pot for 10 minutes.
- Add quinoa to a large mixing bowl. Add in the avocado, raspberries, red onion, feta, slivered almonds, and fresh basil.
For the basil avocado dressing:
- Add all the ingredients to a blender: basil leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, avocado, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Adjust the quantity of water and/or olive oil, depending on how you like your dressing, creamy or runny.
- Pour dressing all over the quinoa salad and toss to combine. Garnish with extra basil leaves, slivered almonds, feta and red onion if you’d like, and enjoy!
Keywords: quinoa salad