Perfect for a summer picnic or a lunch on the go, this make-ahead salad in a jar is fun, colorful, healthy, and bursting with sweet and savory flavors!
For the salad:
- 1 cup (90g) cooked quinoa
- 10 dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) slivered almonds
- 4 Tablespoons (60g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup (340g) fresh baby spinach
For the dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) apple vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- For the salad: in a large mixing bowl, combine already cooked quinoa, apricots, and minced onions.
- For the dressing: whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the quinoa salad with the lemon-curry dressing.
- Assemble the mason jars: pour some quinoa salad up to 1/3 of each jar, top with slivered almonds, crumbled feta, and fill up with the fresh baby spinach leaves. Put on the lid, and refrigerate until serving.