Make the best of summer fruits with this delicious homemade apricot almond jam flavored with vanilla bean. Enjoy on a generous slice of bread or brioche.
- 18 ounces (500g) fresh apricots, pitted and cut in half
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons almonds
- 1 vanilla pod
- The day before: place the apricots in a large pan or preserving pan and toss with the sugar. Cover with a lid and let sit for about 12 hours at room temperature.
- The next day, deep the almonds i boiling water for a minute or two, and peel them. Cool and dry them with paper towel.
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet and roast them on the grill position at 320 F (160 C) until they turn light brown in color. Let cool, then chop coarsely.
- Bring the large pan with the apricots and sugar to a boil. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the apricots, and add the vanilla pod. Continue to cook, stirring to keep the mixture from scorching, until the setting point is reached, about 20 minutes. Add in the almonds and toss well.
- Ladle the jam into prepared sterilized jars, put the lid on and let cool completely.