Easy summer savory tart with zucchini, blue cheese and slivered almonds. Perfect for all cheese lovers out there!
For the dough:
- 1 stick (125g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) all-purpose flour + extra for dusting
- 2 Tablespoons cold water (or more if needed)
For the filling:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy liquid cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1–2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3.5 oz (100g) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful of sliced almonds
- For the pie crust: preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Dice butter and mix quickly with flour and water until the ingredients stick together and form a firm dough. Roll a large rectangle and line a 11 x 7-inch (about 28 x 18 cm or slightly bigger) form with the crust.*
- For the filling: beat the eggs with cream and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, melt the onions with half of the olive oil until they become translucent.
- In a separate frying pan, gently stir-fry the zucchini slices with the remaining olive oil until slightly golden. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Slightly dust a little bit of flour over the crust. Display the onions, blue cheese crumbs, and sliced zucchinis on top.
- Pour the egg mixture and sprinkle the slivered almonds on top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown on top. Serve with a side of salad.
* An option is to roll a large disk and roll a 9-inch (23 cm) spring form pan.