Add a little twist to your classic basil pesto by replacing pine nuts with almonds. Quick, easy to prepare and simply delicious!
- 2 cups (40g) fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (75g) slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup (50g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the basil, garlic, almonds and parmesan cheese in a food processor, and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped.
- While the food processor is running, gradually add the olive oil. Add more or less, depending on the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Store in a air-tight container and refrigerate for up to one week.