Here a very healthy and mouthwatering recipe, love it already.
- handful sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 courgettes, ends removed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- A large handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 date, pitted
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- ½ orange pepper, sliced
- A handful cherry tomatoes
- Salt & pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- A handful olives
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for about 30min, until soft, then drain.
- Transform the courgettes into ‘spaghetti’ using a julienne peeler, a mandolin or a vegetable spiraliser.
- In a blender, add the sundried tomatoes, tomato, garlic, basil leaves (saving a few), date, lemon juice and 1 Tablespoon olive oil and blend until fairly smooth.
- Place the spaghetti in two plates and top up with the raw sauce and a few fresh basil leaves.
- In a bowl, mix the cucumber with the pepper and cherry tomatoes. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Dish out on the plates, as well as the avocado slices and olives, and serve.