These sweet delicacies require no baking and are perfect to serve by the end of your Christmas dinner or to offer to your guests as a little Christmas present, wrapped in small portions in transparent goodie bags and tied with a ribbon.
- 3,5 oz (100g) white chocolate
- 5 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (120g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15–20 roasted hazelnuts (or almonds)
- Melt the white chocolate in a medium sized bowl in the microwave or in a water bath.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and stir.
- Gradually add in half of the shredded coconut, until you get a relatively smooth dough (not too gluey or too dry), then let cool in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, until the shredded coconut absorbs the mixture.
- Shape a ball with the dough, from the size of a walnut, and put a roasted hazelnut (or almond) in its center, then punch the dough to coat. Roll the dough between your hands and add some shredded coconut if the dough is a bit too gluey. Repeat the same process with the other balls.
- Coat the coconut balls in the remaining shredded coconut (even more if needed). Place in a little paper baking cup and let cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.