Decadent chocolate-hazelnut spread “Newtella” with real ingredients and no palm oil. Super easy to prepare, you’re gonna love it!
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup (240g) liquid cream
- 2/3 cup (120g) brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons (30g) cacao powder (100% cacao)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 7 oz (200g) milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120g) hazelnut oil*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast them in a 350°F (180°C) oven, stirring a few times, for 10-15 minutes until the hazelnuts are roasted. Remove from the oven and transfer the hazelnuts onto a clean towel. Rub them vigorously inside the towel to remove any loose skins.
- Warm the cream, sugar, cacao and salt in a saucepan until it starts to boil. Remove from heat.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave.
- In a food processor, grind the warm hazelnuts until they are as fine as possible. Add the melted chocolate and continue to process the mixture, stopping to scrape down the sides of the work bowl, as necessary.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add the warm cream mixture and keep processing. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the hazelnut oil and process until everything is well-combined.
- Transfer the chocolate-hazelnut spread into one or two jars, depending on their size, and refrigerate until ready to use. You can remove the jars from the refrigerator a couple of hours before serving in order to obtain the desired smooth consistency.
* You can also use another vegetable oil – like rapeseed oil – if you don’t have hazelnut oil at home.