Extremely easy to prepare, this comforting carrot coconut soup with fresh lime juice and ginger should delight even the pickiest eaters. It’s a definite winner during the winter months.
- 2.2 lbs (1 kg) carrots, sliced
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- 1 Tablespoon hot curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Salt & ppper
- Cook the carrots in 4 cups of water until fork tender.
- Mix until smooth, using a hand stand mixer. Add the curry, chili, and mix again.
- Pour the coconut milk and let simmer for a couple of more minutes.
- Add lime juice and freshly grated ginger. Season with salt and pepper. It’s ready!