These mini Oreo and peanut butter brownies make a lovely decadent treat for your sweet tooth. You will fall for their strong cocoa flavor and the creamy frosting on top.
For this recipe, I got inspired by the wonderful Sally’s baking addiction, a blog I have been following since her beginnings and that I absolutely love for its sweet recipes that always make me drool in front of the photos. She happens to be crazy about peanut butter and so I am, so I’d like to dedicate my new recipe – mini Oreo & peanut butter brownies – to you, Sally.
I actually created this recipe after trying two of Sally’s recipes that I really loved. I made a mix of the 2 recipes, added some Oreo cookies, and cut down on the frosting. Since I like eating sweet things and I don’t want to feel guilty about it, I baked the recipe into mini brownies. You’ve got to love them!
- ¼ cup (60g) butter
- ¾ cup (120g) dark chocolate
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon (120g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (40g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 Oreo cookies (or 12 mini Oreo cookies)
- ¼ cup (60g) slightly salted butter
- ¼ cup (65g) creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoons (50g) icing sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (10g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Melt butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the sugar and the eggs into the mixture, one at a time and whisking vigorously after each one, to prevent the eggs from cooking. Add the vanilla and whisk again. Then gently fold in the flour and salt.
- Cut the Oreo cookies into small pieces and stir into the batter.
- Grease mini paper muffin cups with butter and pour the batter in. Bake for approx. 20 minutes.
- While the mini Oreo brownies are baking, prepare the peanut butter frosting layer. Cream the butter and peanut butter with a stand mixer until completely smooth (tip: you can soften the butter and peanut butter 15 seconds in the microwave if they are too hard). Slowly mix in the icing sugar.
- Once the mini brownies are done, allow them to cool completely (about 45 minutes). Finally, top them with the peanut butter frosting and add some chocolate chips for decoration.
I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do!