As we are now approaching the end of 2016, and it’s been another year full of exciting culinary adventures for Del’s cooking twist, starting in my kitchen in Stockholm and ending in my new kitchen now in Chicago. Moving to the US was a big step for me and for the blog too!
I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being here and trying my recipes. Without you, the blog wouldn’t exist, and this is why I am so grateful to hear your feedback when you try my recipes. It gives me joy and inspire me even more to create new original and delicious recipes for you!
My focus this year was mainly around 2 different aspects: American recipes of course as I just moved to the US, but also more and more around healthy recipes, that all taste amazing and help you increase your vegetable intake. Now, let’s have a look at the most popular recipes among my readers in 2016, the one you’ve clicked and cooked/baked the most:
1. Healthy Extra Moist Chocolate Cake: this recipe is a masterpiece. You have been thousands and thousands to try it already, and every single time I receive a very positive feedback. This healthy cake is extremely easy to make, has a perfect moist texture with a delicious chocolate flavor. And yes, it is made without added sugar, without butter, and without flour!
2. Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake: another healthy dessert that you have baked – and loved – a lot this year. Entirely gluten, lactose, and egg free with a very low level of sugar, this cake is just perfect for everyone with allergies or paying attention to their health. Not to mention that the raspberry coulis is just delicious!
3. Best Ever Carrot Cake: one of the recipe I am the most proud of this year. This carrot cake recipe is by far the very best I have tried so far, and my American readers have even compared it to the carrot cake their grand mother used to make. There is a secret ingredient inside that explains why it tastes so good, go check which one it is!
4. Healthy Sweet Potato Fries with an Avocado Dip: I have been totally obsessed with sweet potatoes for many years now, but I never thought such a simple recipe would have this impact among my readers. Served with a simple avocado dip, these sweet potato fries become much healthier, as the beta-carotene is better metabolized when paired with healthy fats. A must try!
5. Tropical Pineapple Coconut Smoothie: if you’re looking for everything exotic, this 3 ingredient smoothie is exactly the one you need. Close your eyes, take a sip, and there you are, dreaming about sun, beach, and warmth. A perfect summer feeling to boost your energy!
6. Chocolate & Marshmallow French Toast Roll-Ups: a delicious French toast recipe with a twist! I even made a step-by-step video tutorial, so you can’t go wrong with the recipe. It is indeed super easy and it tastes so, so, good. A perfect brunch!
7. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: these thick, chewy cookies are baked without butter and without flour, and you can even make them 100% gluten free if you use gluten free oatmeal. In a word, they are much healthier than a regular chocolate chip cookie, but their taste is really decadent, just as we like them!
8. Easy Fluffy American Pancakes: sometimes, there is nothing better than a good, simple, classic recipe. These pancakes use a few basic ingredients only, take 5 minutes to prepare (all you need is a mixing bowl and a whisk), and each time you get the perfect fluffy and airy texture. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
9. Roasted Beet Pesto: many of you have loved my easy roasted beet pesto that I then used on top of my Beet veggie pizza with a cauliflower crust (recipe here), which is also a favorite of yours. I love the lovely pink color of this healthy pesto, that I use on my salads, on a crispy bread, or sometimes just with a spoon (I play guilty!).
10. Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers: another popular recipe on the blog with sweet potatoes. Making veggie burgers has never been so fun… and so tasty! Pair it with the lemon-yogurt dressing, with fresh coriander, and you’ve got the best in one bite (according to me at least)!
If you haven’t tried these recipes yet, I hope you do! Oh, and for even more inspiration, check also my most popular recipes on the blog in 2015. Thank you so much for being here and see you next year with even more delicious recipes… with a twist!