Back in August this year, there was a week full of s’mores celebrations around International S’mores Day. As a food blogger, I admit I couldn’t resist myself and took the opportunity to bake this easy S’mores Chocolate & Salted Caramel Brownie for my friends Seb and Doreen.
Unfortunately I didn’t have time to publish the recipe right after because it was time for vacation and as you might know if you follow me on Instagram, it has been a lot of adventures around the world! Now that we are back, our friend Seb and Doreen are getting married this coming weekend and we’re heading to Hamburg to celebrate with them. So what’s a better way to wish them a happy life together filled with joy, happiness and lots of love through a sweet treat?! 🙂
Oh, before I forget, there is one thing you might know about this decadent brownie: I recommend you share it with your friends or family and eat it right after you took it out from the oven, digging a little spoon into the form. It’s so much fun and it also avoids the marshmallows to stick together (especially if the caramel swirls you did in the dough were not deep enough). Now, enjoy and Happy Wedding Day to our friends Seb & Doreen!
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 oz dark chocolate
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp salted caramel
- 30-40 marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour a round cake pan.
2. Chop the chocolate and dice the butter. Warm them together in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Whisk the eggs with the granulated sugar until you get a smooth texture. Stir in the chocolate mixture with the vanilla extract, then add the flour and baking powder.
3. Pour the batter into the round cake pan and make some swirls with the salted caramel. Bake for ten minutes.
4. Top the brownie with the marshmallows and bake for 5 minutes maximum to 300F, keeping an eye to prevent from burning. Slice the brownie almost straight away while the marshmallows are warm and soft. If you wait too long, the S’mores brownie becomes to sticky and it becomes a real challenge to cut it!