A few weeks ago, I volunteered to be a jury member for a summer culinary challenge about cold soups organized by a French website. The weather – even in the North here in Sweden – is truly amazing and very warm, and everything chilled is very welcome!
We usually associate cold soup with Spanish gazpacho, but there are many other possibilities! To open this competition, I opted for a green healthy and smooth soup. But feel free to bring me all your ideas in the comments below, they are very welcome!
Ingredients (Serves 4-6):
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 100g fresh goat cheese
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1 small bell pepper for decoration
- 1 cup water (or more)
1. Dice the cucumbers and the ripe avocados. Press the lemon juice.
2. Using a stand mixer, mix cucumber, avocados, lemon juice, olive oil and goat cheese until very smooth. Dilute with water until you obtain the desired consistency (I like this soup quite thick). Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the soup in glasses and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
4. Before serving, sprinkle the paprika powder over each glass of soup and top with the bell pepper, previously cut in small pieces.