Summer is not over yet, and in case it is in your part of the world, we should reward ourselves with a nice and refreshing smoothie in this period of "back to school"! I worked on this recipe all summer and enjoyed many versions before I eventually adopted this one. A delicious and slightly creamy smoothie with a blend of flavors that takes me back to my childhood. Well we never really grew up anyway, did we now?
That's why I decided to recreate this characteristic taste made of coconut and vanilla aromas. I also used Golden Oreos in the recipe. I discovered these small cookies recently and brought some back from the US. I must confess it might be difficult to find them if you live in Europe. If so, I would suggest trying other sorts of vanilla sandwich cookies. An alternative to this recipe is to swap the Golden Oreos for its original cousin, the chocolate Oreo cookie, if you are more into chocolate.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1/4 cup of semi-skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of coconut ice cream
- 1/4 cup creamy Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 tsp liquid honey (optional)
- 4 Golden Oreos©
1. Blend the liquid ingredients and the shredded coconut until creamy and smooth consistency, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the Golden Oreos and blend for 1 minute. Pour into glasses.
3. That's it, just enjoy!