If you have guests showing up at the last minute this summer for a barbecue or a drink, don’t panic and just think about these delicious sweet & salty muffins that only take a few minutes to bake while using ingredients that we usually have at home.
I remember that a friend of mine didn’t want to try them, thinking they would be too sweet, but once he tried, he just kept on eating them! These appetizer muffins are also perfect to bring to a picnic or any kind of potluck.
Ingredients (serves 12):
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup of milk
- 200g goat cheese
- 2 jars of sun-dried tomatoes
- 50g walnuts
- Flower honey
- 12 basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Heat the milk in a small saucepan. Beat the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt & pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the olive oil and the hot milk. Add the dried tomatoes, basil leaves and walnuts and stir.
3. Cut the goat cheese into pieces.
4. Fill in each muffin liner with half of the batter. Lay out a piece of goat cheese and top with a drop of honey. Fill in with the rest of the batter.
5. Bake for 25 minutes in the oven.
You can also find my recipe in Swedish on Lune de miel Sweden.