This apricot and almond pie recipe is the one I have been baking for many years. A very French Style recipe which is easy to pull off: it reminds me of the pies French grandmas used to bring to family gatherings. Very authentic all the while sophisticated. It’s a must have in your recipe book.
Ingredients (serves 8):
For the crust:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp water
- 1 large organic egg
For the filling:
- 2 lb (approx. 1kg) apricots
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 dl crème fraîche
- 2 ½ tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 5 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp of slivered almonds
1. For the crust: mix the dry ingredients with the butter and the egg until the mix is roughly crumbled. Add the water until the ingredients stick together and form a thick dough. Roll a large disk of 10,5 inches in diameter. Line a pie dish with the crust.
2. Cut the apricots in half and lay out on the crust, the cut side facing down. Bake the pie in the oven at 210°C (410°F) for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime,whisk the eggs, agave syrup (or honey), almond flour and crème fraîche.
4. Remove the pie from the oven and pour the almond mixture on top of the pie. Add the slivered almonds for decoration.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool completely before serving. Tip: serve with a sweet white wine.
You can also find my recipe in Swedish on Lune de miel Sweden.