These adorable tartlets with a dark chocolate crust and a white chocolate ganache with lime zest will delight your taste buds!
I stumbled upon this recipe a few months ago, while flipping through several cookbooks at my parent’s place. I flew back to Sweden, with the intent to give this chocolate heaven a try.
However, I have to admit it was not a real success at first. The taste was pretty good already (I mean, come on, it’s chocolate, you cannot go totally wrong!) but the texture was not as I wished. So I worked on the recipe, made some adjustments and baked again.
And the result of all this time spent in the kitchen led to these marvellous two-tone chocolate tartlets. Just amazing: it tastes like heaven, I promise! The combination between the white chocolate and the lime zests is really refreshing. A quirky alternative, if you dare, would be to use basil leaves instead. An unexpected ingredient which suits the white chocolate as well!
- 30g cocoa powder, 100% cocoa (if possible Valrhona)
- 75g organic butter, at room temperature
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 30g white sugar
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- A pinch of salt
- 150g white chocolate
- 2,5 dl thick crème fraîche
- Zests of 1 organic lime
- 6 raspberries for decoration
- For the pastry: mix together the flour, sugar, salt and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Stir in the butter (previously cut into chunks) and mix on high very briefly (two or three impulse) until the mix is roughly crumbled. Add the egg and the crème fraîche and mix until the ingredients stick together and form a thick dough. Add more flour if needed.
- Put the dough in between two large plastic cling films. Roll a large disk. Remove the film on top and shape six circles of 8-10 cm in diameter, while creating a little space around. Put the cling film on top again. Place the wrapped pastry with the circle' shapes in a tray and cool in the fridge at least 1hour.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and lay the chocolate circles into the tins previously greased. Bake them in the oven for approx. 15 minutes at 180 °C. Then allow to cool. Tips: with the remaining chocolate pastry, you can bake delicious funky-shaped biscuits (circles, stars, etc.).
- For the filling: melt the white chocolate in a hot-water bath. Add the thick cream (crème fraîche) and stir. The consistency must be smooth and thick. Spread the white chocolate ganache over the dark chocolate tartlets and cool completely in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, grate the lime and decorate the tartlets with the zests and and some raspberries.