This coming Sunday, it’s Mother’s Day, at least in France and in Sweden! And since it takes place in May in these countries, I figured that a sweet dessert with strawberries and white chocolate would be the perfect match in order to celebrate this occasion in a mouthwatering way. For this recipe, I actually took inspiration from my friend Andreas (Hi Andy!), who loves to use lime everywhere in cooking. I have been trying to use lime as well for a while now, and it seems to work very well! It yields a delicate and very nice dessert! Of course, I dedicate this recipe to my own mum, and all the mothers around the world!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 125g white chocolate
- 4 organic eggs whites
- 16 fresh organic strawberries
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (optionnal)
- Zests of 1 large organic lime (+ lime juice, optionnal)
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Melt the white chocolate over a hot-water bath until slightly thick and frothy (be careful not to scramble) or in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring each time.
2. Beat the egg whites, with a pinch of salt, until stiff and gently fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate. Add the optionnal agave syrup and stir together gently.
3. Divide the mousse into 4 glasses and allow to cool in the fridge for at least two hours.
4. After two hours, zest the lime with the aid of a grater. Rinse and hull strawberries and cut them into quarters. Dispose them on top of the white mousses.
Tip: an option is to marinate the strawberries 1 minute (no more) in a bowl with lime juice before disposing them on top of the mousses.
5. Sprinkle the lime zests over the strawberries, and add mint leaves for decoration.